"I like…" game as an opener
Back to the Table of Contents
You can use this as either a continuation of a conversation or as an opener. It has the two of you say what you like in turn with you directing the "conversation" from things and known concepts (movies, music, food) to situations which create different feelings and states (standing in a warm summer rain, experiencing the thrills in an amusement park) to actual descriptions of states and feelings (feeling the excitement yet safety of a joy-ride:).
For example, seeing a girl in a record store in the dance music department, idly looking at records, you can start with "I like Prodigy". She'll look at you in confusion, as if trying to ask "…what?" or "…were you talking to me?". Never mind that, continue. "I like Prodigy, but I also like The Orb. Your turn:)". By now she has understood the point and will answer something like "Ok, well, I like The Chemical Brothers". Now you continue with another band, or switch to food or movies. If you say "I like The Matrix" after she said she liked the Chemical Brothers, this is obviously going to sound a little strange, so make it known to her by using a humorous tone that you know very well the switch was a little weird, but hey, you're just having fun and you're only inviting her to join:) She in turn might switch to food, follow her:)
But remember - you want to end up with describing feelings and states. With the "I like" game that is, not with the girl in general:) The "I like" game is not a means to an end, what you really want to end up with is getting her excited about you, getting her phone number, having a cup of coffee, doing a *close, showing her the heaven of complete sexual satisfaction - just take your pick:)
More things to contribute to an "I like" game. Yianni, ASF:
- Falling in love.
- Laughing so hard your face hurts.
- A hot shower.
- No lines at the Super Walmart.
- A special glance.
- Getting mail.
- Hearing your favourite song on the radio.
- Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
- Hot towels out of the dryer.
- Walking out of your last final.
- Finding the sweater you want is on sale for half price.
- Chocolate milkshake.
- A long distance phone call.
- Getting invited to a dance.
- A bubble bath.
- A good conversation.
- The beach.
- Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter.
- Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
- Running through sprinklers.
- Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
- Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
- Laughing at an inside joke.
- Falling in love for the first time.
- Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
- Waking up and realising you still have a few hours left to sleep.
- Your first kiss.
- Being part of a team.
- Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
- Playing with a new puppy.
- Late night talks with your roommate that keep you from sleeping.
- Having someone play with your hair.
- Sweet dreams.
- Hot chocolate.
- Road trips with friends.
- Swinging on swings.
- Watching a good movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love.
- Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies and drinking eggnog.
- Song lyrics printed inside your new CD so you can sing along without feeling stupid.
- Going to a really good concert.
- Getting butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one person.
- Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
- Winning a really competitive game.
- Making chocolate chip cookies.
- Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
- Spending time with close friends.
- Running through the fountains with your friends.
- Riding a bike downhill.
- The feeling of accomplishment after running a few miles.
- The feeling you get the first time you step on stage.
- Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends...
- Holding hands with someone you care about.
- Wearing your boy/girlfriend's shirt that still smells like his/her cologne.
- Running into an old friend and realising that some things (good or bad) never change.
- Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time.
- Riding the best roller coasters over and over.
- Hugging the person you love.
- Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much-desired present from you.
- Kisses on your forehead from the first and only boy/girl you have ever loved.
- Watching the sunrise.
- Getting out of bed in the morning and giving thanks for another beautiful day.
- ...and simply being with the one you love...
Comment / Contribute / Update